Borrowing & circulation
If you have any questions, please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +49 421 200 4601.
- Patrons are responsible for all materials checked out on their Campus Card.
- Lost Campus Cards and address changes must be reported to the IRC circulation desk immediately.
- Materials must be returned to the circulation desk during opening hours.
- Jacobs University students, faculty, staff, and alumni
- Community patrons
- University of Bremen patrons
Overdue notices & fines
Notices about overdue items are sent out daily. However, you are still responsible for all fines incurred even if you did not receive an overdue notice.
Overdue fines are assessed automatically at 0.50 € per day for items loaned by the day or week (1 day grace period) and 1 € per hour for items loaned by the hour (15 minute grace period).
Patrons who owe the IRC more than 10 € in fines (100 € for Jacobs University faculty and staff members) will be blocked from checking out and renewing materials until the fines are paid and the items are returned to the IRC.
Fines should be paid in cash at the circulation desk. Paying fines by wire or bank transfer is possible if necessary. For further information please contact us (e-mail: email@example.com).
Lost & damaged items
If materials are lost while checked out on your Campus Card, you will be billed 50 € plus a 10 € processing fee. If the item is returned after the bill was sent, these fees will be canceled. You will still be responsible for any overdue fines accrued.
If items are damaged while checked out on your Campus Card, you will be billed for the cost of repair or replacement.