Please email the office of admissions at admission [at] jacobs-university.de if you have any questions on these requirements. We encourage you to join our prospective student mailing to receive information and updates on deadlines, scholarships, financial aid, upcoming events and more.
1. APPLICATION FORM
- You can only apply to an undergraduate program at Jacobs University through the Common Applicaton, an online application platform that is widely used by universities worldwide. To begin your application, please take a moment to read through the how to apply guide on the common application website and then create an application account.
- Apart from the general Application Section, you will also need to complete and submit the Writing Supplement which is part of the platform.
One recommendation letter is required. This should ideally come from a school official like a school counselor or principal.
NOTE: You will need to invite your recommender via the Common App. The email address of your recommender is required for this process. Your recommender will receive an invitation email once you have designated them as a recommender, and will then have to follow the link provided in the email in order to complete the online recommendation.
3. SCHOOL OR UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS
We require your transcripts of the last 2-3 years. There are two options to submit your transcripts:
- Your school official uploads the transcripts through the Common App
- You send certified copies of your transcripts to us by post
4. EDUCATIONAL HISTORY FORM
In the 'Questions' section of the Common App you will be required to complete the 'Additional High School Information' sub-section. Here you will need to upload an Educational History Form where you will list all the schools that you have attended up to your current school.
5. STANDARDIZED TEST
Please contact a member of the admission team to find out whether you are required to submit standardized test results (either the ACT or SAT). Students who want their SAT/ACT scores sent to Jacobs University should indicate the Code Number 3665 for the SAT and/or 5249 for the ACT.
6. LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY TEST
All applicants must have an adequate command of the English language to enrol at Jacobs University. An applicant’s English language ability (especially for non-native speakers) may be demonstrated by means of language proficiency test scores.
- are native English speakers OR
- have been instructed exclusively in English for a minimum of 6 years OR
- have scored 580 or higher on the SAT Critical Reading section (for SATs taken before March 2016) OR
- have scored 600 or higher on the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section (for SATs taken after March 2016) OR
- have scored 25 or higher on the ACT Writing section
may qualify for an English-language proficiency test waiver. Please contact the office of admissions via admission [at] jacobs-university.de (subject: English%20Proficiency%20Test%20Waiver) to check whether or not you qualify for such a waiver.
A list of all accepted English language proficiency tests and the minimum scores required for each is shown in the table below:
GCSE (British General Certificate of Secondary Education)
A or B
Cambridge EFL Examinations - Certificate of Proficiency in English
A, B, C and C1 pass
Cambridge EFL Examinations - Certificate in Advanced English
A, B and C
Cambridge EFL Examinations - First Certificate in English (extended certification)
International Baccalaureate English A Literature & English A Language and Literature
SAT Critical Reading (Old SAT)
|SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (New SAT)||600+|