Tell us about your job.
- Manage and coordinate selected cultural development initiatives to further strengthen the "Great People and Pioneering Culture" at Continental. The focus is currently on #diversity and its catalytic power towards #innovation.
- Conceptualize and pilot global cultural development programs / measures to strengthen the above-mentioned topics.
- Design and pilot measurement methods for cultural evaluation and support in the global implementation of relevant surveys as well as measuring the effectiveness of global cultural initiatives.
- Ensure continuous and effective communication with all stakeholders at the different levels and in the various organizational units of our Group.
- Community Management (internal as well as external).
What attracted you to Jacobs out of all the other possibilities you were considering?
Back in 2002/2003 when I was looking for education opportunities in Europe, Jacobs (then International University Bremen) was the only place in Europe that could offer the type transdisciplinary and cross-cultural experience of its kind in English and with the financial support that I needed. Today, some of these frame conditions are available from other universities as well (English programs, financial support and incentives) but the experience of living in a campus with such a broad range of cultures and studying not for method but for the big problems of our age (e.g. mobility) remains unique