- Michael Hülsmann, President of Jacobs University
- Sandro Giuliani, Managing Director of the Jacobs Foundation
Beyond the digital.
The role of digital inventions in teaching and learning?
- Siân Bayne, Assistant Principal Digital Education, Professor of Digital Education University of Edinburgh, on: A vision for a digital education, the Edinburgh approach.
- Hendrik Drachsler, Professor for Educational Technologies, Deutsches Institut für Internationale Pädagogische Forschung (DIPF) and Goethe-Universität Frankfurt, on: Remarks on the Edinburgh approach & what is the future of learning analytics?
Moderation by Susanne Illenberger, University Lecturer in Biochemistry, Jacobs University
Beyond the present
- Sanna Järvelä, EARLI President General Strategy and International Relations, Professor for Learning and Educational Technology, Head of Learning and Educational Technology Research Unit (LET), University of Oulu on: Do we have a common understanding of higher education and overarching guidelines for its continuous improvement?
Beyond the discipline.
Academic innovations and the role of inter- and transdisciplinarity?
- Manuel Dolderer, President of Code University Berlin, on: Where are all the disciplines gone at Code University?
- Victoria E. Szabo, Associate Research Professor of Visual and Media Studies, Duke University, on: How to decompose disciplines best?
- Ulrich Kühnen, Professor of Psychology, Jacobs University Bremen, on: Disciplines in an interdisciplinary graduate school, the BIGSSS case.
Moderation by Jacob Fruchtmann, University Lecturer in Sociology, Jacobs University
Beyond the individual.
The perfect learner and the future of teaching?
- Margherita Malanchini, Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Texas at Austin, on: Can we predict a grading score?
- Wouter van den Bos, Assistant Professor, Department for Developmental Psychology, University of Amsterdam; Research Scientist at Max Planck Institute for Human Development Berlin, on: Personalized vs. collaborative learning proportions in future curricula?
- Susan Engel, Senior Lecturer in Psychology, The Class of 1959 Director of Program in Teaching, Williams College, USA, on: Measuring the impact of college.
- Christian Stamov Roßnagel, Professor of Organizational Behavior, Jacobs University Bremen, on: How to motivate across student lifecycles?
Moderation Arvid Kappas, Dean and Professor of Psychology Jacobs University
|17:30||End of the symposium|