Jacobs University Bremen is a private, English-medium campus university which is state-recognized by the State of Bremen. We are offering PreDegree, Bachelor, Master or PhD programs in three focus areas: Health, Mobility and Diversity. Our principles are first class research and teaching, international diversity and transdisciplinary cooperation. As an international university we attract highly talented and open-minded students from all over the world. Currently, more than 1,400 students from 110 nations live and study on our residential campus.
The department „Academic Operations” (Focus Area Diversity and Graduate & Executive Education and Special Programs) invites interested candidates to apply for the next possible date as a
Dean’s Coordinator (m/f/diverse)
(Full-time, limited for 1 year – parental leave)
Job ID -18-57
The successful candidate will be in charge of coordinating the academic activities within the Focus Area Diversity as well as the Strategic Business Unit Graduate & Executive Education and Special Programs.
- Coordination of the graduate Study program portfolio, and support of restructuring programs
- Building and strengthening networks with industry partners, federations and research groups (including professors and their research staff)
- Assistance in acquisition of third-party-funding (fundraising)
- Marketing assistance
- Collaboration with the Executive Office
- General Office Management
- Scientific background with at least a Master’s degree (ideally in a field related to the Focus Area Diversity)
- Preferably experienced in one or more of the following areas:
- higher education / science management or science funding acquisition,
- project management
- Very good teamwork skills, flexibility and resilience
- Excellent communication skills in English and German (spoken and written)
For further information regarding this position, please contact Dean Prof. Dr. Arvid Kappas, Dean of the Focus Area Diversity, phone +49 421 200-4334. Please send your application stating the Job ID, your availability and your salary expectations as a pdf document via email to Ms. Patricia Herrmann, Human Resources, .
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Jacobs University is an equal opportunity employer.