- Aging workforce
09/2005 – Present PhD Candidate, Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Sven C. Voelpel Jacobs Center for Lifelong Learning and Institutional Development Jacobs University Bremen, Germany 02/2001 – 02/2003 Master’s in Business Management (MComm) Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences University of Stellenbosch, South Africa 09/1994 – 06/1998 B.A. in Management and Business Administration Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
2005 - 2008 Deutscher Akademische Austauschdienst (DAAD), Bremen, Germany 2004 – 2005 Postgraduate Merit Bursary, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Voelpel, S., Leibold, M., & Tekie, E. (2006). Managing purposeful organizational misfit: Exploring the nature of industry and organizational misfit to enable strategic change. Journal of Change Management, 3(3), 257-276.
- Beer, M., Voelpel, S., Leibold, M., & Tekie, E. (2005). Strategic management as organizational learning: Developing fit and alignment through a disciplined process. Long Range Planning, 38(5), 445-465.
- Voelpel, S., Leibold, M., Tekie, E., & Von Krogh, G. (2005). Escaping the Red Queen Effect in competitive strategy: How managers can change industry rules by sense-testing their business models. European Management Journal, 23(1), 37-49.
- Leibold, M., Voelpel, S., & Tekie, E. (2004). Managerial levers in cultivating new mental space for business innovation. South African Journal of Business Management, 35(4), 61-71.
- Voelpel, S., Leibold, M., & Tekie, E. (2004). The wheel of business model reinvention: How to reshape your business model leapfrog competitors. Journal of Change Management, 4(3), 259-276.
- Tekie, E., & Stamov Roßnagel, C. (2008). Leaders’ perspectives on intergenerational teams: A case study in the energy industry. Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Anaheim, California.
- Bruch, H., Tekie, E., Voelpel, S., & Walter, F. (2006). Leadership and the aging workforce: The impact of leadership style on the motivation of older employees. Managing the Aging Workforce: Leadership towards a new Weltanschauung, Critical Management Studies Research Workshop, Annual Academy of Management, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Voelpel, S., Leibold, M., & Tekie, E. (2005). Managing organizational misfit to unlock innovation. Annual European Group of Organizational Studies Colloquium, Berlin.
- Beer, M., Voelpel, S., Leibold, M., & Tekie, E. (2004). Strategic management as organizational learning: Developing fit and alignment through a disciplined process. Annual Academy of Management Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana.