Jacobs University is a private, state-accredited, English-language research university in Bremen. We are offering PreDegree, Bachelor, Master or PhD programs in three focus areas: Health, Mobility and Diversity and are involved in the professional development of specialists and managers and in the transfer of knowledge. Our principles are first class research and teaching, international diversity and transdisciplinary cooperation. As an international university we attract highly talented and open-minded students from all over the world. Currently, more than 1,400 students from 110 nations live and study on our residential campus.
The department „IT & IRC” invites interested candidates to apply for the next possible date as a
Head of IT & IRC (m/f/d)
(Full-time, unlimited, Start January 2020)
Job ID 19-73
- Management of IT operations, system integrations, user support
- Management of the academic library and the multimedia department
- Project management and support
- Consulting and supporting all stakeholders regarding IT and IRC
- Participation in operational tasks
- Responsibility for the implementation of strategic goals for the IT and IRC
- Demand-oriented capacity planning and control
- Communication and control of external service providers
- Define, communicate and track the goals of the department and its assigned employees
- Disciplinary management of employees and delegation of tasks
- Experience in management of IT, library, and multimedia departments
- Experience in understanding and managing complex requirements in a university context
- Demonstrated strategic initiative and vision
- Demonstrated successes in project management methodologies
- Practical experience in all aspects of IT operations and development for Windows, Linux, Mac environments
- Strong knowledge of academic libraries and the German library landscape
- Good knowledge regarding multimedia equipment, production, and support
- Understanding of the German legal landscape in all relevant aspects
- Empathy for user requirements
- University degree at master level or PhD
- Fluent in speaking and writing German and English
For further information regarding this position, please contact Mr. Aria Bakhtiar, phone +49 421 200-4529.
Please send your application stating the Job ID, your availability and your salary expectations as a pdf document via email to Mr. Aria Bakhtiar, Human Resources, job-application [at] jacobs-university.de.
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Jacobs University is an equal opportunity employer.