Jacobs University is a private, state-accredited, English-language research university in Bremen. We are offering PreDegree, Bachelor, Master or PhD programs in three focus areas: Health, Mobility and Diversity and are involved in the professional development of specialists and managers and in the transfer of knowledge. Our principles are first class research and teaching, international diversity and transdisciplinary cooperation. As an international university we attract highly talented and open-minded students from all over the world. Currently, more than 1,400 students from 110 nations live and study on our residential campus.
The department „IRC” invites interested candidates to apply for the next possible date as a
IRC Digitalization Officer (m/f/d)
(Full-time, unlimited, Start January 2020)
Job ID 19-57
- Supervision and development of the IT systems and services of the library for research and teaching and their integration into the IT landscape of the university
- Further development and propagation of library and information technology offerings as well as support of users in their use and in digital transformation processes
- Collaboration in all functional areas of the library
- Creation and automation of data collections and reports
- General IT skills, especially library systems, publishing systems, learning management systems, system integration; especially Millennium, OCLC WMS, OPUS, Moodle, Linux, PHP, MySQL, REST
- Librarian expertise, especially public services and support services
- Service orientation and mission awareness
- Collegiality and openness to new tasks and approaches
- Excellent written and spoken in English and German
- Experience working with MS Office products and other ICT products
- Working on a modern campus
- Flexible working hours
- Choice of 4 dining halls on campus
- Easy accessibility by public transport and plenty of parking on the premises
- Various health and sports offer
For further information regarding this position, please contact Mr. Bakhtiar, phone +49 421 200-4529
Please send your application stating the Job ID, your availability and your salary expectations as a pdf document via email to Mr. Aria Bakhtiar, Human Resources, job-application [at] jacobs-university.de.
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Jacobs University is an equal opportunity employer.