Jacobs University is a private, state-accredited, English-language research university in Bremen. We are offering Bachelor, Master or PhD programs in three focus areas: Health, Mobility and Diversity. Our principles are first class research and teaching, international diversity and transdisciplinary cooperation. As an international university we attract highly talented and open-minded students from all over the world. Currently, more than 1,200 students from 100 nations live and study on our residential campus.
The department „Mathematics & Logistics“ invites interested candidates to apply for the vacant position as
PhD Candidate / Research Associate (m/f)
(Full-time, limited to 3 years)
Job ID JU-17-33
to work on an applied research topic in the realm of Supply Chain / Network Management at the interface to customers by analyzing big data to develop forecasting models for customer expectations and requirements. This is a highly interdisciplinary topic and brings together aspects of supply chain management/complex networks, mathematical modeling of dynamic systems, and data science. The candidate will work closely with a global industrial company.
- Research on an applied and highly interdisciplinary topic in the field of Supply Chain / Network Management
- Permanent communication with the industrial company for data analysis and modeling purposes
- Preparation of annual status reports
- Participation in regular PhD colloquia
- Travelling nationally and internationally for data collection and analysis purposes
- Preparation of a PhD dissertation
- Top Master´s Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science/Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Natural Sciences (Physics, Systems Biology, etc.) or a related field with solid skills in data science and big data analytics
- Interest in manufacturing and logistics-related topics in the realm of Supply Chain / Network Management
For further information regarding this position, please contact Prof. Dr. Yilmaz Uygun, Department Mathematics & Logistics, via phone +49 421 200-3478.
Please send your application stating the Job ID and your availability as a pdf document via email to job-application [at] jacobs-university.de.
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
We are looking for highly motivated, creative and communicative employees with a keen interest in working in an international and dynamic environment. Jacobs University is an equal opportunity employer.