Jacobs University Bremen is a private, English-medium campus university which is state-recognized by the State of Bremen. We are offering Bachelor, Master or PhD programs in three focus areas: Health, Mobility and Diversity. Our principles are first class research and teaching, international diversity and transdisciplinary cooperation. As an international university we attract highly talented and open-minded students from all over the world. Currently, approximately 1,400 students from 110 nations live and study on our residential campus.
The department Physics and Earth Sciences of Jacobs University Bremen invites interested candidates to apply for the next possible date as a
PhD Student Position Biophysics (m/f/d)
(50% TVöD-E13, limited for 3 years)
Job ID 18-73
ResearchTopic: Modeling excitation energy transfer in light-harvesting systems using biophysical and biochemical approaches
The Ph.D. position will be funded for three years, starting in January 2019 or as soon as possible. The research will involve density functional theory, molecular dynamics as well as quantum dynamical simulations including their analysis. This project is in close collaboration with the group of Prof. Marcus Elstner at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology.
- Master or diploma degree, primarily background in theoretical (bio)physics or theoretical (bio)chemistry
- Solid knowledge in the theory of molecular systems and skills in molecular dynamics simulations are highly desirable
- proficiency in scripting and programming, in particular analysis tools, would be beneficial
- Very good command of English, both in written and oral communication
- No knowledge of German language is required. Jacobs University Bremen is an international research university
- Ability to work independently and in a team
Interested applicants should submit their application as a PDF document via Email directly to Prof. Ulrich Kleinekathöfer ( ) including their CV, a summary of previous achievements, a motivation letter explaining their interest in the topic of the thesis, and contact information for two possible referees.
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Jacobs University is an equal opportunity employer.