Jacobs University is a private, state-accredited, English-language research university in Bremen. We are offering Bachelor, Master or PhD programs in three focus areas: Health, Mobility and Diversity. Our principles are first class research and teaching, international diversity and transdisciplinary cooperation. As an international university we attract highly talented and open-minded students from all over the world. Currently, more than 1,200 students from 100 nations live and study on our residential campus.
The department „Mathematics & Logistics“ invites interested candidates to apply for the vacant position as
Postdoctoral Fellow (m/f)
(Full-time, initial contract for 18 months, extension possible)
Job ID JU-17-45
to work on an applied research topic in the realm of Operations Management, scheduling, and linear optimization by analyzing big data to develop scheduling models and the corresponding software. This is a highly interdisciplinary topic and brings together aspects of operations management, mathematical modeling of dynamic systems, computer/software engineering, and data science. The candidate will work closely with a global industrial company.
- Research on an applied and highly interdisciplinary topic in the field of Operations Management
- Permanent communication with the industrial company for data analysis and modeling purposes
- Preparation of regular status reports
- Travelling nationally and internationally for data collection and analysis purposes
- Top Master´s and PhD Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science/Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Natural Sciences (Physics, Systems Biology, etc.) or a related field with solid skills in data science and software engineering
- Fluent programming in C#, as well as experience with Oracle Database and/or Microsoft SQL Server
- In order to facilitate the integration of new software tools into an existing framework, experience with ReSharper (JetBrain) and Microsoft Visual Studio Pro would be helpful.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Prof. Dr. Yilmaz Uygun, Department Mathematics & Logistics, via phone +49 421 200-3478.
Please send your application stating the Job ID and your availability as a pdf document via email to job-application [at] jacobs-university.de.
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
We are looking for highly motivated, creative and communicative employees with a keen interest in working in an international and dynamic environment. Jacobs University is an equal opportunity employer.