Jacobs University Bremen is a private, English-medium campus university which is state-recognized by the State of Bremen. We are offering Pre-Degree-,Bachelor, Master or PhD programs in our focus areas Health, Mobility and Diversity. The guiding principles are first class research and teaching, international diversity and transdisciplinary cooperation. Jacobs University’s goal is to prepare young talents from all around the world to take on the new challenges in today’s globalized workplace. Currently, more than 1,400 students from some 110 countries live and study on the residential campus.
Jacobs University Bremen invites interested applicants to apply for a full-time position in our department “Student Financial Services - Finance & Controlling” as
Student Financial Services Officer (m/f/diverse)
(full-time/38.5 hours per week; unlimited)
This position is part-time suitable
Job ID 18-59
- reviewing and preparing financial aid packages
- advising prospective and current students about financial aid and student accounts
- monitoring and invoicing student accounts
- helping to refine financial aid policies and procedures
- compiling detailed reports and statistics regarding payments and financial aid
- close interaction with students from different nations as well as a multicultural staff
- managing daily office operations and providing general support to our team in daily office operations
- interested applicants should have completed a bachelor´s degree (or an academic equivalent)
- excellent written and spoken English and German language skills
- general knowledge of accounting practices and systems and an understanding of automated database systems, including MS Office Programs
- experience in data analysis and compiling statistics
- excellent counseling and interpersonal skills
- previous experience in the field of student or customer counseling are desirable
- ability to work with people from a variety of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
- interested candidates should be well organized, detail oriented, flexible and enjoy working independently and as a part of a team
We would like to fill this position as early as possible. Applicants should include a cover letter with salary expectations and their earliest availability along with a CV in English or German.
Please send your application as a single pdf document via email to Ms. Patricia Herrmann, Human Resources, .
Jacobs University is an equal opportunity employer.