Are you young, ambitious and looking for inspiration? Join Jacobs University’s Foundation Year Program to explore different fields of study and to acquire academic learning skills before starting your bachelor’s degree.
The program offers both, orientation and specialization possibilities in the fields of engineering and computer sciences, natural and life sciences, social sciences as well as economics and management.
The possibility to participate in undergraduate courses from different academic fields enables you to benefit from a wide range of orientation possibilities. Next to the academic component, specially designed Foundation Year courses and workshops will guide you towards making an informed decision about your future career and will help you to improve your academic skills. According to your needs and interests you can choose your focus and design your individual schedule.
10 reasons to join the Foundation Year:
- Get ready for university: Sharpen your academic skills, try out undergraduate courses and enhance your personal skills
- Orientation: Explore different fields of study. Choose between orientation opportunities in economics and management, social sciences and history, natural and life sciences, and engineering and computer sciences.
- 4 year option: The Foundation Year enables students a smooth transition into a German Bachelor degree. The 1+3 year option combines the Foundation Year with undergraduate studies.
- Our unique campus: Spend a year on a campus in Germany that is home to students from more than 100 countries
- Perfect your academic English: All courses at Jacobs University are taught in English. During Foundation Year we offer specialized and individual Academic English Courses.
- SAT training and test: Prepare for the SAT during the Foundation Year. Jacobs University is a registered test center for the SAT.
- Academic Advising: Our academic advisors and experienced instructors provide professional guidance in your transition to undergraduate studies.
- Individual Approach: Profit from personal academic advising, career counseling, and an individualized academic curriculum that you can adapt to your own interests and needs. Enjoy small class sizes, individual assistance and state-of-the-art facilities.
- Transferable ECTS Credits points: The program enables you to attend regular undergraduate courses and to collect ECTS credit points that you can transfer to your future study program.
- Guaranteed Admission: Students who successfully complete the Foundation Year receive guaranteed admission to all undergraduate programs at Jacobs University.