The BA in Psychology at Jacobs opens doors for a professional career and lays the groundwork for an academic career, especially in an international context. You will be a strong candidate for junior positions in all jobs that require skills in analyzing, designing, or improving human interaction, presentation, and communication. Therefore, your career opportunities will be in fields such as advertising, counseling, diversity management health promotion, human resource management, intercultural relations, management consulting, market research, media, as well as applied research in companies, public institutions, and non-governmental organizations.
Moreover, you will be well prepared for international specialized Master programs in psychology and its neighboring fields, as well as for integrated, research-focused Master-PhD Programs. Given its interdisciplinary focus, the Psychology does not guarantee admission to general Master programs in Psychology at German universities. In Germany, general MSc Psychology programs entitle graduates to enroll in state-recognized, regulated psychotherapy training programs that lead to licensure (“Approbation”) and admit only graduates from general B.Sc. Psychology programs. For more information, see the website of the German Society of Psychology at https://studium.dgps.de/ (site available in German only).
Graduates of the Psychology BA program were admitted to renowned institutions such as:
- University of Exeter, Social Psychology, MSc
- University of Amsterdam; Cultural Psychology, MSc
- University of Groningen, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, MSc
- University of Heidelberg, MSc in Psychology
- University of East Anglia, The Gut-Brain Axis in Ageing and Dementia, direct PhD
- Florida International University, Legal Psychology, direct PhD
- LMU München, Systemic Neurosciences, MSc
- Karolinska Institutet, Biomedicine, MSc
- King's College London, MA, Terrorism, Security & Society, DWS
- University of Aberdeen, Strategic Studies & Management, MSc
- Columbia University, Developmental Psychology, MA
- University of Cambridge, Biological Science (Psychology), MPhil
- University of Oxford, Psychological Research, MSc
- London School of Economics, Social and Cultural Psychology, MSc
- University College London, Mental Health Services, MSc
Jacobs University’s Career Services Center (CSC) and the Alumni Office will support your career development. The CSC provides you with high-quality training and coaching on writing your CV and cover letters, preparing for job interviews, presenting effectively, as well as on business etiquette, employer research and many other things that will help you identify and pursue a rewarding career after your time at Jacobs University. The Alumni Office helps you establish a long-lasting and worldwide network, which comes in handy when exploring job options in academia, industry, and elsewhere.