Jacobs University is a private, state-accredited, English-language research university in Bremen. We are offering Bachelor, Master or PhD programs in three focus areas: Health, Mobility and Diversity. Our principles are first class research and teaching, international diversity and transdisciplinary cooperation. As an international university we attract highly talented and open-minded students from all over the world. Currently, more than 1,400 students from 110 nations live and study on our residential campus.
The Department of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering at Jacobs University Bremen currently has a job opening and invites interested candidates to apply for the position of a
University Lecturer in Computer Science (m/f/d)
(Full-time, 38.5 hours/week, limited 3 years)
Job ID 19-68
Your teaching responsibilities:
- Introductory programming courses (C/C++) targeting Computer Science students
- Fundamental courses for the study programs Computer Science, Robotics and Intelligent Systems, and Data Engineering
- Advanced courses on topics in agreement with background of applicant
- Supervision of lab courses, student projects, and Bachelor theses
- PhD degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Thorough programming and software engineering skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interest in innovative teaching styles
- Responsible, self-motivated person able to work independently and as a part of a team
- Fluent in English, the language of instruction and communication on campus
- Previous experience in academic teaching and research is an advantage
- Working on a modern campus
- Flexible working hours
- Choice of 4 dining halls on campus
- Easy accessibility by public transport and plenty of parking on the premises
- Various health and sports offer
Please send your application stating the Job ID, your availability and your salary expectations as a pdf document via email to Mr. Aria Bakhtiar, Human Resources, job-application [at] jacobs-university.de.
Successful candidates should be ideally available to begin in February 2020. The offered position has an initial duration of three years with the possibility of prolongation.
Applicants should include a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae and publication record, teaching portfolio, copies of certificates and diplomas, certification of English proficiency (optional) and the names and addresses of two referees.
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
For further questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Arvid Kappas via email a.kappas [at] jacobs-university.de or phone +49 421 200-4334.
Jacobs University is an equal opportunity employer.