Jacobs University is a private, state-accredited, English-language research university in Bremen. We are offering Bachelor, Master or PhD programs in three focus areas: Health, Mobility and Diversity. Our principles are first class research and teaching, international diversity and transdisciplinary cooperation. As an international university we attract highly talented and open-minded students from all over the world. Currently, approximately 1,400 students from 110 nations live and study on our residential campus.
The Department of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering at Jacobs University Bremen currently has a job opening and invites interested candidates to apply for the position of a
University Lecturer in
Data Engineering (m/f/diverse)
(full-time, 38.5 hours/week; limited)
Job ID 18-53
Your Teaching Responsibilities:
- Introductory programming courses (C++) targeting Computer Science students
- Introductory programming courses (Java, C, Python) targeting students enrolled in other engineering and science programs
- Fundamental courses for the study programs Computer Science, Intelligent Mobile Systems, and Data Engineering (e.g., Algorithms and Data Structures)
- Advanced courses on topics such as Computer Graphics, Information Visualization, Computer Security, Data Analytics, Robotics, Automation and Intelligent Systems, or Artificial Intelligence (in agreement with background of applicant)
- Supervision of advanced lab courses, student projects, and Bachelor theses
- PhD degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Thorough skills in various programming and software engineering paradigms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interest in innovative teaching styles
- Responsible, self-motivated person able to work independently and as a part of a team
- Fluent in English, the language of instruction and communication on campus
- Previous experience in academic teaching and research is an advantage
Successful candidates should be ideally available to begin in January 2019. The offered position has an initial duration of three years with the possibility of prolongation.
Please send your application stating the Job ID 18-53 and your availability as PDF via email to email@example.com
Applicants should include a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae and publication record, teaching portfolio, copies of certificates and diplomas, certification of English proficiency (optional) and the names and addresses of two referees.
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
For further questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Arvid Kappas via email or phone +49 421 200-4334.
Jacobs University is an equal opportunity employer.