Jacobs University is a private, state-accredited, English-language research university in Bremen. We are offering Bachelor, Master or PhD programs in three focus areas: Health, Mobility and Diversity. Our principles are first class research and teaching, international diversity and transdisciplinary cooperation. As an international university we attract highly talented and open-minded students from all over the world. Currently, approximately 1,400 students from 110 nations live and study on our residential campus.
The Department of Mathematics and Logistics at Jacobs University Bremen currently has a job opening and invites interested candidates to apply for the position of a
University Lecturer Industrial Engineering (m/f/diverse)
(full-time, 38.5 hours/week; limited)
Job ID 19-08
Your Teaching Responsibilities:
• Introductory courses on manufacturing technologies, engineering design and strength of materials targeting Industrial Engineering and Management students
• Fundamental and advanced courses for the study programs Industrial Engineering & Management BSc and Supply Chain Management MSc (in agreement with background of applicant)
• Extensive supervision of BSc and MSc theses.
• Academic advising of BSc and MSc students.
• PhD degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics or a related discipline
• Thorough skills in various engineering paradigms
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interest in innovative teaching styles
• Responsible, self-motivated person able to work independently and as a part of a team
• Fluent in English, the language of instruction and communication on campus
• Previous experience in academic teaching, thesis supervision and research is an advantage
The position is to be filled as soon as possible and has an initial duration of three years with the possibility of prolongation.
Please send your application and additional documents stating the Job ID 19-08 and your availability as a single PDF via email to job-application [at] jacobs-university.de
Applicants should include a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae and publication record, teaching portfolio, copies of certificates and diplomas, certification of English proficiency (optional) and the names and addresses of two referees.
For further questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Arvid Kappas via email a.kappas [at] jacobs-university.de or phone +49 421 200-4334.
Jacobs University is an equal opportunity employer.