Since February 2020 the Federal Government and the Federal States have agreed on various regulations in order to restrict the spread of the COVID-19-Virus in Germany. All information on the current regulations of the Federal Government of Germany and the State of Bremen can be followed online on the respective websites.
In this way, we will continue to consistently adapt public life and social contacts on campus following the currently valid Bremen and German regulations.
1. GENERAL: Citizens / Students / Employees are urged to reduce contact with people outside the members of their own household to a necessary minimum.
2. KEEP DISTANCE: In public, in common rooms, in shared facilities, in your private room, wherever possible, a minimum distance of at least 1.50 meters, or better still, 2 meters, must be kept from any other person.
3. TWO PERSONS ONLY: In public area (i.e. streets, pedestrian zones, parks, etc.) it is only permitted to be with ONE other person – keep your distance!
- Your room: A maximum of 2 people per individual student room – not per shared apartment
- Common spaces on Campus/in Colleges: A maximum of 2 people per common space. Exceptions to this rule are:
- Library/Labs: In larger infrastructure rooms with sufficient ventilation as well as the possibility for adequate spacing, it is also possible for more than 2 people to be in that space at the same time. This applies to the library as well as to the experimental natural and life science laboratories on campus.
However, the mandatory distance of 1.50m - 2.0m to the next person must be kept at all times.
4. OUTSIDE TRIPS: The journey to work, emergency care, shopping, visits to the doctor, necessary appointments and examinations, help for others or individual sports and exercise in the fresh air, as well as other necessary activities, remain possible.
- Only in groups of maximum 2 people – keep your distance!
5. NO CELEBRATIONS: Groups of people celebrating or hanging around in public places, in shared facilities, in homes and private institutions are unacceptable given the seriousness of the situation in our country. Violations of contact restrictions will be monitored by law enforcement agencies and the police and sanctions will be imposed in the event of violations.
6. SERVERIES: In general, all catering establishments will be closed. This does not include the delivery and collection of takeaway food for consumption at home.
After negotiations with local authorities, Jacobs University is offering restricted use of the dining rooms of the college serveries.
Please follow these rules:
- Only the residents of a specific college can use their college servery
- No external guests or non-residents
- Employees are not allowed to use the serveries
- Each server will have a checklist for its college residents
- Campus cards and names will be checked when you get in line in the servery
- Maintain at least 1.5 meters between each person when waiting in line
- Only a maximum of 25 seats in Nordmetall & College 3 serveries
- Only a maximum of 20 seats in Krupp & Mercator serveries
- Only one person per seat/table
- Minimum 2 meters between each seat/table
- If seat/table are full, please take your food back to your room to eat
All these regulations are valid until further notice. All regulations must be respected and will be enforced by campus and local authorities accordingly.
We understand this is a massive restriction on campus life and your personal life. Please know that none of us have a choice at this point. All these rules are from the highest federal authority intended to protect us all from the ongoing health pandemic.