Jacobs University continuously strives to expand options to protect the members of our community within the scope of our possibilities.
In view of the continuously changing number of corona cases in Germany and in Bremen, and the increasing demand for COVID-19 tests, the Bremen Health Authority has issued instructions and recommendations for personal examinations. Also, these regulations and procedures may change in time.
In case you suffer from fever, cough, or respiratory symptoms OR have had direct contact with confirmed cases of COVID-19
- First contact your primary care physician by telephone! Do not go directly to the doctor's practice or the corona ambulance!
- Outside the regular office hours of your doctor's practice – like in the evening/night and during the weekend – you can call the Central Health Service of Bremen: CALL 0421-116 117
- Calls may take a while to get answered. And the Central Health Service of Bremen is running a German language telephone information service, so please wait until a contact person is answering directly. Stay on the line and answer all the questions.
- Follow the instructions
Be prepared to answer the following questions:
- General Information: name, last name, mailing address, your health insurance number and provider
- Symptoms: what kind of symptoms like fever, cough, breathing difficulties, or any other respiratory symptoms do you experience? Since when? Have you already sought medical advice?
- Travel History: what is your travel history in the last 2 months? In which cities, regions, and countries have you been, when and how long?
- Contact History: have you been in contact with people infected with coronavirus? (When, where, who?)
IMPORTANT: In case a student gets tested positive for COVID-19, we ask him/her to inform Jacobs University immediately by e-mail: healthinfo [at] jacobs-university.de. We urge all students to follow this process since an immediate information flow is of the utmost importance in taking all precautions to contain a further spread of the virus on campus. The same process applies if you are in an ordered quarantine by the Bremen Public Health Office.
In case you are in ordered quarantine by the Bremen Public Health Office caused by a positive test for COVID-19 or by direct contact with a positive-tested person and need urgent medical assistance:
- Call your primary care physician, the Bremen Central Health Service or the Emergency Number 112 - and ALWAYS state clearly that you are in quarantine!
Support from your Health Insurance Provider
For students who are insured by the Techniker Krankenkasse (TK), there are two "TK-MediCall" phone numbers of the medical advisory center available. The callers can speak directly with doctors:
- German speaking hotline: 040-46 06 - 61 91 60
- English speaking hotline: 040 - 46 06 61 91 40
For students who are insured by the AOK, there are two German-language hotlines of the “AOK-Clarimedis” service:
- Free of Charge for AOL members: 0800 1 265 265
- Phone number from abroad (charges apply): 0049 3085614293
The city of Bremen has set up a general information hotline: under the telephone number 0049 421 115 you can get information (in German) about the coronavirus in Bremen.